Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Librarianjk recommends Little Pink Pup



Little Pink Pup
by Johanna Kerby

Pink, a piglet who is the runt of the litter, is adopted by Tink, a dachshund who is nursing a litter of her own, and Pink is raised in the house along with the puppies.

Interspecies friendships are one of the most amazing concepts to me in life. Photographs of such friends make me say, “aww” no matter where I am. The author dedicated the book “to all the children who think that they are different from the rest of their families. Just remember your family loves you just the way you are.” Without this dedication, I would not have realized how appropriate this book is to use for children who have immediate family in more than one location. If you enjoy this book, I recommend the Owen and Mzee books and Tarra and Bella.

Interest Level: ages 2-4, grades K-3
Reading Level: grade 2

No comments:

Post a Comment